Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I have the best friends in the world!







Sunday night I got a knock on my door, and to my utter surprise, it was three of my best friends! They came all the way from Salt Lake to see me--and show me their love and support. They made me dinner, cleaned my house, babysat the kiddos, and drove us to the hospital. It was really lucky that the girls were here. Braydon and Brooklyn unfortunately got sick, and needed to be looked-at by their doctor. I took them to the hospital for their pediatrician to asess them. The doctor said that Brooklyn looked ok, but if Braydon's fever got any higher, I needed to bring him back to the hospital for some more tests, given that he is still so young (only 50 days old). Well, 3 hours later his fever was up to 101.5 degrees, so I had to bring him back to the hospital. They admitted him, and ran some tests. It was sad to see him poked 5 times in an attempt to start an IV. It was hard to see them put a catheter in him, and a tube down his nose to suck out his congestion. Although, this is where I work, and this is what I do for a living. Weird how much harder it is to see when it is your own child. When the nurse had trouble starting his iv, she asked me if I wanted to start it. I said, "no way!"


Luckily, his blood tests looked ok, and after he was suctioned, he fed much better. His x-ray showed bronchiolitis, but his sputum test was negative for RSV (and 5 other common viruses that cause bronchiolitis that they test for). The doctor said that I could take him home. He still is very sick, and I've had to suction him at least every three hours. The doctor rented me a suction machine, so I could do nasalpharyngeal suctioning on both babies if needed. I've only had to deep suction Brooklyn once, but I use a bulb syringe on her a lot. Her eyes are really goopy though. Oh what fun having sick babies (and I'm sick too--did I forget to mention that?)


So, I am so thankful that my friends were here to help take care of Kylee and her friend while I went to the hospital with the twins. Thanks girls!



1 comment:

Jeni said...

Wish I could've been there! I wanted to.... but Ez has to eat!! Just a few more months and I'll wean him and then be free as a bird!